Quickly and easily subtract interfering music, television or speech from an audio recording if you have a reference song, TV show, or speech recording that you want to remove from the recording.
SMARTSubtract uses MADCAT (TM) audio fingerprinting technology to to align the two files and perform reference cancellation. The high quality ‘reference cancellation’ is provided by two powerful VST plugins from two leading audio processing software companies namely Salient Sciences (previously Digital Audio Corporation) and Acon Digital (creators of Acoustica).
Example Use Case:
Consider a recording of people talking in a room with a radio playing over the top of their speech. This may mean their voices are inaudible in the recording due to being drowned out by the radio broadcast. Reference cancellation of the synced audio can help by taking the reference audio (i.e. the song that is playing on the radio) and subtract this audio from the original audio recording.
In order for this process to be as successful, the two audio clips need to be very precisely time-aligned so that the reference audio is playing at the same time as it is in the original track. SMARTSubtract will do this for you with a click of a button.
Easily choose between two powerful VST plug-ins
(Information on each VST taken directly from their respective manuals – please see the manufacturer website or contact them for more in-depth information)
The Cardinal Minilab Reference Canceller Filter comes equipped with the following features:
- Filter sizes up to 8192 taps
- Delay line up to 32768 samples
- Auto-Normalizing adapt rate
- Conditional Adaptation
- Reference Gain
- Selectable Filter Output
- Coefficient Display (with max peak indicator)
- Dual-trace spectral analysis (with max peak indicator and averaging
For more information on Cardinal Minilab: https://www.salientsciences.com/product/minilab-suite/
The Acon Digital Reference Canceller comes with the following settings:
- Analysis Mode – estimates the transformation of the reference signal
- Emphasis Filter – applies frequency weighting to the cross-talk estimate.
- Difference Monitoring -monitor the signal removed by the reference cancelling algorithm
- Reduction level (%) – Sets amount of reference cancelling in percent.
- Ambience level (%) – For reverberant rooms , use ambient reduction
- Reverb time (sec) – For ambience reduction and specifies the reverb time of the room where the recording was made.
- Time align (ms) -fine tune the alignment using the time-align setting.
For more information on Acon Digital: https://acondigital.com/